This policy describes the Personal Information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use certain information. We reserve the right to change our policy at any time and without advance notice. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our Website. You can tell if the Privacy and Usage Policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears on this policy. We shall not apply changes in our policy retroactively to information collected from you under a prior policy if, in the reasonable exercise of our discretion, we determine that the changes substantively affect your rights, unless we have given you notice of the changes of the policy. We will provide this notice to you by email if we have a current email address for you and/or otherwise by posting notice of the change on our Website.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from disclosure or unauthorized access. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished if you are using a shared computer. We are not liable for disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized access or acts by third parties, or omissions or acts beyond our reasonable control. We do not guarantee that your Personal Information or Non-Personally Identifiable Information (as those terms are defined below) may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will collect two types of information from you: information that specifically identifies you (“Personal Information”) and information that does not identify you as a person (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”).
We sometimes ask you for certain kinds of Personal Information to provide the services you request. This information includes:
• Shopping: We may ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the Pennysmiths Paper newsletter/marketing list, we may use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, services, surveys and promotions.
• My Account: You have the opportunity to create a personal shopping account with Pennysmiths Paper, which allows you to shop faster and easier. Using a user name (your email address) and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. In creating this account, you authorize Pennysmiths Paper to store your name and email address. Should you elect to do so, you may also include in your “My Account” your telephone number, birthday month and day, and shipping, billing addresses. If you choose to include such additional information then you are also authorizing Pennysmiths Paper to store such information accordingly. Each of these options is for your convenience only. If you ever use a public computer to visit the ‘My Account’ section of our Website we strongly encourage you to log out at the conclusion of your session.
When you create an account with Pennysmiths Paper, you will be given the option to be added to the Frances Valentine newsletter-marketing list. Whether or not you select this option, your personal information will never be sold to anyone and except as specifically provided herein, your personal information will not be shared.
• Email List: You may also sign up on the Website to receive promotional emails from Pennysmiths Paper. To sign up we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, gender, age, birthday and preferences. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time.
• Removal from Lists: To be removed from our marketing list, please email us at [email protected]. You may also click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails in order to be removed from emails that we send to you. Please allow us at least ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
• Customer Care: If you call or email with our Customer Care department, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and if you choose to make a purchase, your credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process or review your transaction. When you place an order through Customer Care, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. Pennysmiths Paper does not store your credit card information.
• Surveys, Sweepstakes and Promotions: On this Website, you may be able to participate in surveys, sweepstakes and promotions. If you choose to participate in these promotions, we may request information such as your name, age, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and interests or product preferences. This Personal Information is used to enter into our contests, sweepstakes and promotions. We may use this information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions, but only if you have given us your consent to do so.
• Email to a Friend: You may be able to share certain content from this Website with your friends. In order to do so, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code and telephone number. We will not include any other advertisements within the message sent your friends, and we will not collect the emails of any friends to who you share content unless such friends choose to be added to our email list.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
PIXEL TAGSWe also use “pixel tags” (sometimes called “Internet tags”, “web beacons” or “clear GIFS”), which are tiny graphic images, on our Website. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers’ online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our Website and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on our Website may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Website. This information may include your device’s IP address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your device. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open or click a link in an email message from us.
We also work with business partners that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Website, and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our Website, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
OTHER ANALYTICAL TOOLSWe may also use various analytical tools in connection with the Website to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Website. This information may include your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, your device, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer, tablet or mobile device. We may also track certain information about the identity of the web site you visited immediately before coming to the Website. This information is collected anonymously, and none of this information is identified with you as an individual or contains any Personal Information.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including sending you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you direct us not to contact you with promotional communications;
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions;
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences;
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services;
- To enhance your shopping experience through our Website;
- To analyze trends, usage, activities and statistics;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Website and our business; and/or
- To contact you if necessary.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
OTHERS WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
AFFILIATED COMPANIES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with third parties including our agents, service providers, and consultants as needed for them to provide business-related services to us. Such third parties may manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, fraud monitoring, identity verification, processing credit card payments, email or mail delivery and administration, promotion fulfillment, surveys or data analysis, etc. We ask third parties with whom we share your information to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours and applicable law and we provide them with only the information they need in order to perform their services for us.
- We may share your information or combine your information with publicly available information when we team up with other promotional partners to jointly offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers, or otherwise to enhance and personalize your shopping experience.
- We may work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Website in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf. These companies may collect information about your activity on our site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, may use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications, and may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices.
- From time to time we may share, exchange and/or cross-reference our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive mailings from these providers, you can notify us at any time by contacting us by telephone, (505-345-2353) or emailing us at [email protected]. You will need to provide your full name and mailing address to be added to our DO NOT MAIL list.
- We may share your information to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect your rights, the rights of Pennysmiths Paper and others.
HOW DO I OPT OUT OF RECEIVING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS?
If you no longer wish to receive emails from Pennysmiths Paper please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of all our emails. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders you have placed. Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email, even if you have previously unsubscribed.
Should you no longer wish to receive our catalogs or other mail from us, you can contact us at [email protected] with your full name and mailing address, and ask to be removed from future catalog mailings.
It may take up to 6-12 weeks to process your postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from Pennysmiths Paper. If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by contacting Pennysmiths Paper Customer Service.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
We may provide access to your Personal Information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights, and to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to this Website and the public.
TRANSFER OF ASSETS
In addition, if we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred and will be disclosed during the process of negotiating such business transition, pursuant to a suitable confidentiality order.
You may request to have your electronic mail address kept confidential, by notifying us in writing or by email, to the following address: Pennysmiths Paper, 4022 Rio Grande Blvd NW, Alb, NM 87107 USA Attn: Customer Care or by email to: [email protected]. Please allow 30 days for a response.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES:
While visiting our Website, you may link to sites operated by third parties or you may have come to our Website by clicking on a link in another website. This does not mean that we endorse these websites or the goods or services advertised or offered on those websites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any third-party website that you may access through our Website. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
Frances Valentine uses commercially reasonable measures to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via email. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
We use what we consider to be industry standard security technology in transferring information to process your orders. All credit card transactions should take place in a protected area of our Website, which is designed to reduce the risk of any loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you should move into the protected area of our Website. Once you’ve entered, the page address 9URL) should change from http to https. You should remain in the secure zone for the entire checkout process. Please check that you are still in this protected area when you type in your credit card details.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use commercially reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not intercept such information. We may, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
“SPOOFING” AND “PHISHING”
A common Internet scam is known as ‘spoofing’ or ‘phishing’. This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that we will NEVER send you an email requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other personal information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at [email protected], as we will investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud
Our Website is not meant for children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen. We will remove from our files any personal information of anyone we discover to be under thirteen years old. Our online contests or sweepstakes are restricted to entrants who are at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction where they are located, whichever is greater.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You can request certain details about how your information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit you to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. We permit you to opt out of having your information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Please contact us as set forth above in order to:
- Opt out;
- See what data we have collected about you, if any;
- Change or correct any data we have about you;
- Request that we delete data we have about you; or
- Relate any concerns you may have about our use of your data.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. Note that many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. If you enable Do Not Track, the browser may send a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. If you do so, we will not use information about your web viewing activities to tailor your online experience on our Website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about your privacy or security on our Website, please contact us at [email protected]